Enterprising Minds: Find out what it takes to be an entrepreneur
In this 30min video with built-in interactivity and reflection, young people encounter two inspiring entrepreneurs:
- Suraj Sodha, a corporate lawyer turned internet entrepreneur from Harrow/Brent who started his first business by creating an online directory for shops on his high street.
- Danielle Obe, a former management consultant based in London, is the inventor of a waterproof headscarf and the Chair and Co-Founder of the Black Swimming Association, both promoting inclusion in aquatics, especially for those of African, Asian and Caribbean heritage.
This video is aimed towards KS3, but applicable to older year groups particularly Business Studies students. Please see below the video for an accompanying Teachers’ Guide and Activity Pack.
In this accompanying Teachers Guide and Learning Activities Pack you will find:
- Tips on how to best utilise this video resource as part of careers provision, PSHE, enterprise days or otherwise
- Links to Gatsby Benchmarks and NC statements in PSHE, Citizenship, Maths, Business Studies
- Student learning statements
- Links to optional extension printable student worksheets to consolidate reflection and practise skills
- Suggested answers to the plenary questions and glossary words that are built into the video
Download your copy of the PDF here.